- Downtown Blowing Rock: The Glen Burney and The Glen Marie Trail
- The Blue Ridge Parkway: Moses Cone Trails (connect directly to Chetola), Boone Fork Trail, Sims Pond Trail, Tanawa Trail, Mountain to Sea Trail, Price Park, and many more
- Boone: The Greenway
- Avery County: Hunt Fish Falls
- Damascus, VA: Virginia Creeper Trail and The Appalachian Trail
- Ranger Program, guided 2nd floor tour of the Cone Manor, Saturday and Sunday May through mid-October at 9am, 10am, 11am, 2pm & 3pm, 828-295-3782.
- Elk River Falls
- Glen Burney and Glen Marie Falls
- Laurel Creek Falls
- Linville Falls
- The Snake Pit
- Trashcan Falls
- Concerts at the Jones House, 604 W. King St., downtown Boone. Fridays at 5pm, rain or shine. 828-262-4576. Bring chair/blanket.
- Mast in the Valle, Valle Crucis Community Park, Fridays in May (last Friday) through September (first Friday) at 7pm. $5 donation is recommended. Bring chair, blanket and picnic.
- Music on the Lawn, The Inn at Ragged Gardens , Blowing Rock, weather permitting 5:30-8pm. 828-295-3466. No coolers, outside beverages or dogs allowed on property.
- Summer Concerts in the Park, Tate Evans Town Park, 100 Main Street West, Banner Elk at 6:30pm. 828-898-8395. Food vendors, kids zone and face painting.
- Todd General Store, Fridays from 6-8pm.
- Art in the Park, Blowing Rock, American Legion Grounds. May-Oct. from 10am-5pm.
- Art Crawl, 1st Friday of every month, downtown Boone.
- Art Crawl, 2nd Friday of every month, West Jefferson.
- Blowing Rock Art & History Museum (BRAHM), Free Thursdays from 4-7pm. 828-295-9099.
- Parkway Craft Center, Cone Manor, Milepost 294, Blue Ridge Parkway. Demonstrations from 10am-4pm May through November; closed for lunch at demonstrator's discretion; schedule subject to change. 828-295-7938.
- Sunset Stroll on
Sunset Drive, downtown Blowing Rock from 5:30-8pm, 808-414-9111. Join the art galleries, restaurants, and businesses on Sunset Drive for food, drinks, and art viewing. June-October.