The Manor House Estate was the elegant home of J. Luther Snyder, the most famous of Chetola's owners. Snyder purchased Chetola Estate in 1926. Also known as "the Coca Cola King of the Carolinas," Snyder's wife held frequent celebrations and parties that were the talk of Blowing Rock in the 1930s and 1940s.
On July 28, 2012, Chetola officially opened Timberlake’s Restaurant in the historical building, with a menu inspired by world-renowned North Carolina artist and designer Bob Timberlake’s culinary favorites. The restaurant features three dining rooms, an intimate wine room and waterfront dining on the Patio. The charming and warmly outfitted Headwaters Pub is just inside Timberlake's main entrance.
Bob Timberlake, who is known for creating things of exceptional artistry and imagination, used his deeply rooted love of food as the impetus behind the distinctive menu. From Mesquite-dusted shrimp and salads of mountain-grown spinach, to Carolina-raised trout and roasted Carolina quail, each dish will be one worth savoring. Mouth-watering Angus beef filets, seafood, poultry, brick oven pizza, and an inspired selection of wellness dishes will also tempt palates of all tastes.
Breakfast is served daily in Timberlake's Restaurant. In addition to serving dinner nightly (seasonal hours apply), we will offer our outstanding buffets on Mother's Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and during special events such as Symphony by the Lake.
- Happy Hour at Headwaters Pub, daily from 4-5pm. Features drink specials, classic cocktails and a dozen new martinis, as well as complimentary appetizers. For locals and guests.
- Oyster 'Knight', every Monday from 5-10pm. Featuring a half-pound of Tim Knight's famous fried oysters, choice of 2 sides (fries, vegetables, slaw or grits) and a nightly housemade dessert. $26/person.
- Steak on the Lake, every Wednesday from 5:30-8:30pm. Choice of chef’s daily steak specials with potato du jour and choice of salad.. $28/person. Live music on the patio, weather permitting.
- Kids Eat Free Night!, every Thursday from 5-8:30pm. For kids 10 and younger; must order off children’s menu; one child per adult.
- STRONG BONES, STRONG BODY Wellness Dinner, Sept. 9 at 6pm. Plant-based multi-course buffet incorporates foods that promote bone health. Click HERE for more information.
Click here for schedule
BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER HOURS
Breakfast: 7:30am - 10:30am Daily
Lunch: Noon - 3pm Daily (available in Headwaters Pub only)
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Nightly
Headwaters Pub: Noon - 11:00pm Daily
Atmosphere: Smart Casual
ABC Permits: Beer, Wine, & Cocktails
Reservations: Suggested, 828-295-5505
Credit Cards: Visa, MC, Amex, Discover