Chetola Fly Fishing
Chetola Resort has one common goal: to give guests the most memorable fly fishing experiences of their lives. That means far more than simply directing them to pristine mountain streams in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It means pairing each customer with Chetola’s expert Orvis Endorsed fly fishing guides, who share years of experience, passion, and knowledge to customize the perfect fly fishing adventure for both avid and first-time anglers. Whether you prefer to journey into the heart of the river on a guided float trip in a private boat or spend the day casting in crystalline waters at 4,000 feet elevation, Chetola’s guides will meet and then exceed all expectations. After speaking personally with each guest, the Orvis endorsed guides will determine the ideal fishing destination based on the guests’ experience levels, current water conditions, weather, and time of year.
At a Glance
- Chetola Resort is an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge
- Fish on private and public waters
- Half and full day trips
- Transportation included
- All equipment and instruction provided
- Fish for brook trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, golden trout and small mouthed bass
- Packages with or without overnight accommodations
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I fish year round?
What is your cancellation policy?
Do I have to be a Chetola guest to take a fishing trip?
Do I get a room discount at Chetola with a fly fishing package?
Do I need to get a fishing license?
What equipment should I bring?
How many people can go on a trip?
How should I dress?
Where do I go to meet the guide?
Zak Linkins | Resort Concierge, Tues-Sat 9am-5pm | 828-295-5509
Dustin Coffey | Orvis Endorsed Guide, Mon-Sat 7am-9pm | 828-750-4198
- Experience the thrill of clay pigeon shooting with our expert certified instructors at the Chetola Sporting Reserve. The shooting experience takes about 2 to 2 ½ hours and you have …Read More »
- Combine a half-day fly fishing package with our sporting clay package and save on both. Half-day fishing with professional Orvis endorsed fly fishing guide for Golden, Brook, Rainbow and Wild …Read More »
- Click Here to Request More Information >>Read More »
- Click Here to Request More Information >> Journey into the heart of the river with our guided float trips in a private boat. One boat will comfortably accommodate up to …Read More »
- Sky Valley Zip Tours April through November This exhilarating outdoor adventure brings you into the heart of mountains to experience the thrill of zip lines and the natural beauty of …Read More »
- Chetola guests can enjoy golf privileges at the exclusive Hound Ears Club, just a short drive from the resort. This classic George Cobb-designed, private golf course is beautifully landscaped with …Read More »