Recipe serves 4
- Ingredients -
1/3 cup cocoa powder
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 cups whole milk
2/3 cup water
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
Marshmallows or whipped cream (optional)
- Instructions -
- Bring the water to a simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add in cocoa powder, salt, and cinnamon whisk until smooth.
- Add in whole milk, return to a simmer.
- Add in chocolate chips, whisk often until smooth and melted.
- Divide into your favorite 4 mugs, top with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
- Special Notes -
For extra indulgence, add 1 tbsp Kahlua, Amaretto, or Bailey’s to your hot chocolate just before serving.