Valentine's Day may look a little bit different this year, but we want you to still be able to have a S W E E T day with your favorite person. That's why Pastry Chef Abby has put together a tasty dessert recipe for you! So whether you're opting for a Valentine's Day from home this year or just want to make your valentine an extra special treat, this recipe is for you!
Salted Blondies For Two:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temp
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp regular salt
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mix-ins, such as nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a standard bread loaf pan with parchment, or grease with butter.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add the egg, mix until it just comes together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the regular salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder to get rid of lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir until combined. Do not overmix, batter should be thick.
- Fold in the mix-ins, if using.
- With a rubber spatula, press batter evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with kosher salt.
- Bake on center rack for 15-20 minutes, depending on the desired gooey-ness.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut blondie in half. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.