Journey into the heart of the river with our guided float trips in a private boat. One boat will comfortably accommodate up to two guests plus your Orvis endorsed guide. There are multiple rivers from which to choose based upon personal requests, the current conditions of the waters and the recommendations of your guide.
- Full or half-day float trip
- Fish for Rainbow Trout, Wild Brown Trout or Smallmouth Bass.
- Trout Float Trips on the Watauga, South Holston and Catawba rivers
- Smallmouth Bass Float Trips on the New, North Toe, Nolichucky, River and Holston rivers
- All equipment and instruction provided by Orvis endorsed guide
- Perfect for beginners or seasoned anglers
- Transportation provided
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Fishing license required; can be purchased day of trip for $15-$35, depending on residency and fishing location
- One guide per every 2 guests required; One guide per boat required
Pricing (accommodations and gratuity not included):
Full Day: One boat (1 to 2 guests): $450
Full Day: Two boats, two guides (up to 4 guests): $900
Half Day: One boat (1 to 2 guests): $375
Request More Info
Cancellation Policy: A deposit in the amount of $150 per guide is due when the trip is booked. Trips canceled 14 days or more before the scheduled trip date will receive a full refund. Trips canceled within 14 days of the scheduled trip date will result in forfeiture of full deposit. All guides will happily accommodate guests in various weather conditions; however, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule trips if we deem conditions unsafe. Guests whose trips are cancelled by our guides will receive a full refund. Trips are all-inclusive, excluding lodging and gratuity. Lodging at Chetola Resort is offered at reduced rates when booking fly fishing packages.
Signed waivers are required for everyone participating in a trip.